Updated: Mar 9, 2021
On this week's Careers In Construction, meet Sir David Frank Adjaye OBE. Born in 1966, David Adjaye is a British-Ghanaian architect considered by many to be among the best in the world today.
His work tends to feature historical motifs that culminate in decorative patterns. In 2016, Adjaye, who is the principle of the London-based firm Adjaye Associates, completed the National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington, D.C., in partnership with Phil Freelon. The grand opening included President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama.
Play the slideshow to see some of his work.
1. National Museum of African American History and Culture, Washington DC USA
2. Moscow School of Management, Moscow Russia
3. Rivington Place, London England
4. Nobel Peace Center, Oslo Norway
5. Francis Gregory Library, Washington DC USA
6. Sugar Hill Housing, New York USA
7. National Cathedral Of Ghana (works to be done)