Did you know, 4 out of 5 people on LinkedIn drive business decisions? The current situation can be an opportunity to update your page, here is why;
1. LinkedIn hosts 500+ million professional profiles, meaning an unlimited supply of #connections and job #opportunities.
2. Just like companies build their brands, it's important for you to build your brand online. How do you stand out from others in your industry?
3. Chances are, if you apply to a job, one of the first things an employer will do is google your name.
If your LinkedIn profile is the first thing a prospective employer might see, it's time to edit your existing one to stand out among the crowd. Here is a quick practical guide;
1. A clean professional profile picture.
2. Cover page - showcase where you currently work or something you are passionate about.
3. An eye catching headline - Mention your specialty and how you benefit your company or customers.
4. An interesting summary - Don't focus on just your past experience but on what you do well and what you can bring to a prospective employer.
5. Highlight your interests/companies/charities/institutes you support.
We hope you find this useful and watch out for our future post on CVs.